Surf Forecast Fri 10th – Wed 15th July, 2020
The arrival of a small, long-range pulse of southerly groundswell presents scope for similarly small surf favouring south-exposed spots in the 2ft range throughout Sunday – and that energy should still be running at low-levels on Monday morning. Monday also marks the early stages of a major swell event unfolding over the course of next week. This follows an upper level trough moving across Victoria this weekend, triggering the development of a deep East Coast Low off the NSW coast during the day.
- Fri Easing SSE swell sees inconsistent sets, groomed by light WNW winds, gradually turning NW in the afternoon.
- Sat Leftover SSE swell steadily fades beneath light offshore WNW to NW winds, tending northerly during the morning, then back to light WNW into the afternoon.
- Sun Small southerly groundswell favours south facing breaks for infrequent, rideable sets throughout the day. Early westerly breezes fade to variable, before swinging light ENE in the afternoon.
- Mon Gradual increase in SE swell sets in as an East Coast Low develops offshore. Potential for early light WNW, westerly winds, tending WSW later. Strong SSE shift likely south of Kiama in the evening.
- Tue Steep rising SSE to SE storm-swell sets in throughout the day. Scope for early WSW to SW winds, ahead of a gusty SSW, Southerly change at 20 to 30 knots or stronger.
- Wed Heavy SE swell generated by deep East Coast Low, with gusty, cross-shore SSW winds limiting surfable options to the most sheltered, north facing breaks throughout the day. Revisions likely.