Surf Forecast Fri 10th – Wed 15th July, 2020
There are some exciting, albeit still poorly defined new developments in the forecast for this weekend through early to mid-next week. A mid-level trough and associated low shifting across the southeast of the continent this weekend may culminate in the development of an East Coast or Tasman low offshore around Monday 13th.
- FriEasing SSE groundswell opens up still good conditions under early light offshore winds, tending easterly during the day and fading to light ENE later.
- SatLeftover SSE swell mixes in with a modest increase in ESE tradewind swell. Early light WSW winds see clean conditions, before they tend NNE in the afternoon.
- SunSlight Easterly tradewind swell and residual SE swell combine at low levels, with early NW to NNW winds tending north in the afternoon.
- MonPotential for a fleeting spike in NE windswell showing most size in the morning and superseding leftover SSE swell, under westerly quarter winds. Revisions likely.
- TueResidual ENE swell fades, with tiny to near-flat conditions possible as a rising SSW swell bypasses the region. Stay tuned.
- WedScope for rising, directional South swell generated by deep East Coast Low, with fresh to strong westerly quarter winds prevailing throughout the day. Revisions likely.