Surf Report Fri 10th – Wed 15th July, 2020
There are some exciting, albeit still poorly defined new developments in the forecast for this weekend through early to mid-next week. A mid-level trough and associated low shifting across the southeast of the continent this weekend may culminate in the development of an East Coast or Tasman low offshore around Monday 13th.
- Fri Easing SSE groundswell opens up great 3ft conditions under early light westerly winds, tending to variable to light NE sea-breezes later.
- Sat Short range easterly swell supersedes leftover SSE swell, under light WNW to NW breezes, opening up great conditions across exposed coasts before winds swing north in the afternoon.
- Sun Residual SE swell dwindles to tiny levels, mixing with small ENE windswell and groomed by early light WNW breezes, tending North in the arvo.
- MonBackground south swell combines with slight NE windswell fading into the afternoon. Westerly, WSW at 10 to 15 knots likely throughout the day.
- Tue Tiny leftover ENE swell and slight south swell favours exposed coasts, near flat elsewhere. Building directional south swell possible in the arvo as an ECL deepens offshore. Revisions likely.
- Wed Scope for steep rising, directional south swell generated by deep East Coast Low, with fresh to strong west to SW/SSW winds developing throughout the day. Revisions likely.