Surf Forecast Fri 10th – Wed 15th July, 2020
A continued downward slide in residual SE swell culminates in smaller 1 to 2ft surf across the region on Saturday, with light offshore breezes opening up clean conditions for most of the day.
The arrival of a small, long-range pulse of southerly groundswell presents scope for similarly small surf favouring south-exposed spots in the 2ft range throughout Sunday – and that energy should still be running at low-levels on Monday morning. Monday also marks the early stages of a major swell event unfolding over the course of next week. This follows an upper level trough moving across Victoria this weekend, triggering the development of a deep East Coast Low off the NSW coast during the day.
- FriEasing SSE groundswell opens up great 3ft conditions under early light westerly winds, tending to variable to light NE sea-breezes later.
- SatShort range easterly swell supersedes leftover SSE swell, under light WNW to NW breezes, opening up great conditions across exposed coasts before winds swing north in the afternoon.
- SunResidual SE swell dwindles to tiny levels, mixing with small ENE windswell and groomed by early light WNW breezes, tending North in the arvo.
- MonBackground south swell combines with slight NE windswell fading into the afternoon. Westerly, WSW at 10 to 15 knots likely throughout the day.
- TueTiny leftover ENE swell and slight south swell favours exposed coasts, near flat elsewhere. Building directional south swell possible in the arvo as an ECL deepens offshore. Revisions likely.
- WedScope for steep rising, directional south swell generated by deep East Coast Low, with fresh to strong west to SW/SSW winds developing throughout the day. Revisions likely.