Surf Conditions Friday 10th – Wednesday 15th JULY 2020
A continued downward slide in residual SE swell culminates in smaller 1 to 2ft surf across the region on Saturday, with light offshore breezes opening up clean conditions for most of the day.
The arrival of a small, long-range pulse of southerly groundswell presents scope for similarly small surf favouring south-exposed spots in the 2ft range throughout Sunday – and that energy should still be running at low-levels on Monday morning. Monday also marks the early stages of a major swell event unfolding over the course of next week. This follows an upper level trough moving across Victoria this weekend, triggering the development of a deep East Coast Low off the NSW coast during the day.
- Fri Easing SSE swell sees inconsistent sets, groomed by light WNW winds, gradually turning NW in the afternoon.
- Sat Leftover SSE swell steadily fades beneath light offshore WNW to NW winds.
- Sun Residual SSE swell reinforced by small southerly groundswell during the day.
- Mon Emerging potential for steadily rising SE/ESE windswell as an East Coast Low develops offshore. Uncertainty surrounds local winds, stay tuned.
- Tue Steep rising SSE to SE storm-swell likely, possibly under near-gale force SSW winds or blown out by strong onshore SE winds.
- Wed Heavy ESE swell generated by deep East Coast Low, potentially blown out by strong onshore South to SE winds throughout the day. Revisions likely.